[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Graphics-dtl.335.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu May 12 08:56:35 UTC 2016

On 12.05.2016, at 09:03, marcel.taeumel <Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> no, the host window extent includes title bar and shadows in Windows 10.
> That's why I implemented DisplayScreen class >> #setNewScreenSize: with the
> two passes.
>
> I copied this version over to trunk and adapted the calculation of the new
> screen size to use #hostWindowExtent and a single call.

I agree with Dave: We do not need or want to read hostWindowExtent. For the main window we already have actualScreenSize which gives us the extent.

We should set the window size to the expected value, check actualScreenSize, and adjust if needed to work around the Windows VM’s bug (and fix the Windows VM).

- Bert -