[squeak-dev] The Trunk: ReleaseBuilder-mt.134.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Fri May 13 16:09:25 UTC 2016

Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of ReleaseBuilder to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ReleaseBuilder-mt.134.mcz

Name: ReleaseBuilder-mt.134
Author: mt
Time: 13 May 2016, 6:09:21.281327 pm
UUID: 19d98f5a-a251-5a4a-b55f-de5a00aaddf4
Ancestors: ReleaseBuilder-mt.133

We can only condense the changes once we have written the new changes/image files. Otherwise, we will break our master image because its changes file would be inconsistent to the image.

I wonder why #condenseChanges does not automatically snapshot the image. It is dangerous.

=============== Diff against ReleaseBuilder-mt.133 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ReleaseBuilder class>>prepareSourceCode (in category 'preparing') -----
  prepareSourceCode
  	"Update code. Remove foreign packages."

  	MCMcmUpdater defaultUpdateURL: self buildRepository description.

  	MCMcmUpdater updateMissingPackages: true.
  	MCMcmUpdater enableUpdatesForAllPackages.

  	MCMcmUpdater default doUpdate: false. "non-interactive".

  	self
  		unloadForeignPackages;
  		checkForDirtyPackages;
  		loadWellKnownPackages.

+ 	Compiler recompileAll.!
- 	Compiler recompileAll.
- 	Smalltalk condenseChanges.!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ReleaseBuilder class>>saveAsNewRelease (in category 'saving') -----
  saveAsNewRelease
  	"ReleaseManager saveAsNewRelease"

  	(Project current uiManager
  		confirm: 'About to build new release', (self localBuild ifTrue: [' (locally!!)'] ifFalse: ['']),': ', self versionString, String cr, String cr, 'The VM will quit after that. Continue?'
  		title: 'Release Builder') ifFalse: [^ self].

  	self prepareNewRelease.
  	Smalltalk saveAs: self versionString, '-', SystemVersion current highestUpdate asString, (self localBuild ifTrue: ['-offline'] ifFalse: ['']).
+ 	Smalltalk condenseChanges.
  	Smalltalk snapshot: true "Important!!" andQuit: true.!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ReleaseBuilder class>>saveAsNextVersionAlpha (in category 'saving') -----
  saveAsNextVersionAlpha
  	"ReleaseBuilder saveNextVersionAlpha."

  	(Project current uiManager
  		confirm: 'About to build new release', (self localBuild ifTrue: [' (locally!!)'] ifFalse: ['']),': ', self versionStringAlpha, String cr, String cr, 'The VM will quit after that. Continue?'
  		title: 'Release Builder') ifFalse: [^ self].

  	self prepareNextVersionAlpha.
  	Smalltalk saveAs: self versionStringAlpha, '-', SystemVersion current highestUpdate asString, (self localBuild ifTrue: ['-offline'] ifFalse: ['']).