[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Monticello-mt.633.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat May 14 14:42:40 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 11:43:22PM -0700, marcel.taeumel wrote:
> Hi, there.
>
> Any thoughts on this?
>
> Such relative-path repositories can, for example, be used in all-in-one (or
> similar) bundles. Right now, we cannot move the VM to another place and
> expect directory repositories to keep on working if those are kept close to
> the VM path.
>
> Note that this rather affects an offline scenario.

This seems like a reasonable thing to do, and if it helps with packaging
an all-in-one, then it would be good to have it in trunk.

I note that MCRelativeDirectoryRepository has a class comment (thank you)
but most of the other repository types do not. If anyone feels motivated
to add comments to the other classes, that would be a good thing :-)

Dave