[squeak-dev] endless loop on debugging self or nil

Nicolai Hess nicolaihess at gmail.com
Tue May 17 22:28:16 UTC 2016

evaluating "self" in an inspector workspace pane
or "nil" with
"do it"
"inspect it"
works.
But if you use "debug it", enters an endless loop.

I opened a bug report for squeak (bugs.squeak.org)  and
on fogbugz for pharo.
I am not sure this bug has the same cause in squeak and pharo, because
the stack trace is different.

On pharo, this behavior starts with version 50519 with integrating a fix
for issue 17251 "Quick method primitive not set correctly for #spurVMHeader"

but I don't think this is the real cause of this behavior.

nicolai