[squeak-dev] Re: [Vm-dev] Minutes of the Meeting to Discuss Moving Cog to Github

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri May 20 21:49:12 UTC 2016

Hi Juan,

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 12:57 PM, Juan Vuletich <JuanVuletich at zoho.com>
wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> This is just great!
>
> I assume builds will include:
> - V3, Cog, 32bitBinaries
> - Spur32, Cog, 32bitBinaries
> - Spur64, Cog, 64bitBinaries

Yes.

> Would it also be possible to include:
> - V3, Stack, 32bitBinaries
> - Spur32, Stack, 32bitBinaries
> - Spur64, Stack, 64bitBinaries
> ?

I think so.  Tim F tells me that Github support for open source projects is
free, including disk space, so there's nothing to stop us including a
comprehensive suite of VMs.

> I think that having the non-Cog builds always green could benefit those
> platforms where code generation is not possible, and might ease porting to
> new platforms. Especially for Spur64.

Indeed, I hope that with the new repository it will be much easier for the
people who got the VM working on iPad to integrate their changes.  It
should also be possible to have Linux ARM v6 (Pi) and Linux ARM v7
(Android) VMs.

--
best, Eliot