[squeak-dev] Adding fsync() call to the primitiveFileFlush prim ?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat May 21 18:44:29 UTC 2016

> On 21-05-2016, at 11:02 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, the case is that it /is/ a performance issue.  Writing to disc is way more expensive than flushing to kernel buffers.  How about saying what you think about my c) and d) options?  That's a way of avoiding the performance issue and solving the kids-are-humans issue.

Either would be just fine by me, no problem. Adding a new prim might be even better since it would defer control up to the image, which always seems the best option to me. However, opening the can of rancid worms that is the file system interface doesn’t appeal too much right now. I think for simplicity and testing I’ll stick with a #define and we can revisit it later if it seems to solve any realworld problems.

tim
Useful random insult:- Got into the gene pool while the lifeguard wasn't watching.