[squeak-dev] Adding fsync() call to the primitiveFileFlush prim ?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun May 22 17:16:41 UTC 2016

>> And I don't think that people that yank the power cord should be catered to. If you do stupid things, you should pay the consequences. A computer isn't a toaster. And teachers should convey that to their students.
>
> Are you a parent?  Children are human beings.

Well I’m not a parent (that I know of) and I’m not *entirely* sure children are human beings, but when they’re my customers and get all teary after losing their painstakingly put together scripts, then I get irritated by the system being less helpful than it could be.

Besides, in a busy classroom (have you ever been a room full of excited 6 year olds) things get tripped over, snagged on waving arms, knocked over in the sheer drama of *making an LED flash!!!!* and so on. So yeah, we should flush everything possible when writing out a script. In fact I should probably see about making autosave of some form now I think of it.

tim
Two wrongs are only the beginning.