[squeak-dev] Saving a project's windows

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Mon May 23 10:07:13 UTC 2016

I have been using Squeak since the 3.x days and have never successfully saved a project. Back then a 'grid' would mask the World and then nothing would happen for hours.....

---- On Sun, 22 May 2016 21:20:00 -0400 Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote ----

Hi All,

   I'd love to be able to save just the windows form a project.  Ideally I'd save also the changes from dirty packages, but that's basically all.  I'm trying the PUBLISH items in the Project (preview) window, and it either tries to create a huge word segment (the first PUBLISH option) or tries to compute a relevant compactClassesArray (the second option), which should be empty and if I make it empty, it looks like the Vm locks up in computing the segment.  Has anyone had any success saving projects with Spur?  Has anyone by some miracle done just the saving of project windows?  Any hints on avoiding the size explosion with the first PUBLISH option?

best, Eliot