[squeak-dev] Saving a project's windows

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:07:53 UTC 2016

Hi Eliot, the Ma Serializer has been able to serialize Squeak projects
since the 3.x days.

Load the (head) version of "MaBase" from SqueakMap.  Then:

   MaObjectSerializer new
          fileOut: yourProject
          toFileNamed: fileNameString
          in: someFileDirectory

You can then file it in using:

    MaObjectSerializer fileIn: (someFileDirectory entryAt: fileNameString)

If you look at MaObjectSerializer>>#setUpPreAndPostProcessing, you can
see I have pre/post hooks for saving instances of Projects.  I have
not tested it in a while, but I know it DID work...

HTH.