[squeak-dev] Adding fsync() call to the primitiveFileFlush prim ?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon May 23 16:55:58 UTC 2016

> On 22-05-2016, at 10:33 PM, John Pfersich <smalltalker2 at mac.com> wrote:
> I hope that this saving the user from himself doesn't degrade to auto saving because the pauses caused by autosaves can be deadly to productivity, especially on a computer as slow as the Pi. I haven't used Squeak on a Pi, but on my MacBook, a save takes a few seconds, and I've got better things to do than stop working while the save takes place. And the save itself might leave the image in an unstable state.

You seem to have missed the rather important point that the thing to save is not the entire image but the current Scratch script that the pupil is working on. And really, no sympathy at all for 6-10 year old children? Harsh, d00d, harsh.

tim
Useful random insult:- Proof that evolution CAN go in reverse.