[squeak-dev] International text input on X11

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu May 26 00:09:44 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 03:42:45PM -0700, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima
> <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima
> > <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:
> >> I'd rather avoid touching existing files.  But once I figure out how
> >> to pass --prefix for configure under the cmake regime, I am happy to
> >> go forward from there. (No, Dave, you are moving very fast and prompt!
> >>  Thank you!)
> >>
> >> But then I'll try the oscog branch and makes a cleaner now.
> >
> > I've been assuming that the "oscog" branch is "svn/branches/Cog", and
> > I can confirm that the -compositioninput flag provided to the main VM
> > binary is passed to the X11 driver, and other things seem to work.
> > (The recordPendingKeys() in r3730 is not updated and ImmX11Plugin has
> > not been added to plugins.ext so the actual Japanese input still does
> > not work, but it seems close.)
>
> In any case, I just copy and pasted the implementation of
> recordPendingKeys() from trunk to the Cog branch and it works as
> expected in an UTF8 environment.

Excellent, thank you for confirming.

Yes when I said "oscog branch" I should have said "svn/branches/Cog", sorry.

I just committed the update to SVN branches/Cog so that all of the Cog,
Spur, and interpreter VMs will have the new recordPendingKeys() function,
and command line parameters will be passed correctly to the X11 display
module.

Dave