[squeak-dev] Re: VM crash with unhelpful debug log

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Fri May 27 15:20:54 UTC 2016

It's very likely that the UUIDPlugin is responible for the crash[1].
It has been changed recently and is compiled as an external plugin on
Windows.
If it won't crash with 3643[2], then it's definitely the UUIDPlugin on
Windows. Someone with a Windows machine and a debugger should find the
cause and try to fix it.

If you want to work around the issue on your system, then you can either
rename/move the UUIDPlugin.dll or revert #makeUUID to its previous
version.

Levente

[1] http://forum.world.st/VM-Crash-LocaleTest-gt-gt-beginning-with-Cog-Spur-16-13-on-Windows-td4896004.html
[2] http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3643/