[squeak-dev] Files-ul.154 seems dangerous, is it needed?

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:19:23 UTC 2016

You're right, I've never imagined a system that would need to be
flipping the mode back and forth.  In that case, adoptInstance is
quicker, but since we've had to special-case it, its certainly more
"complex" and the fact that swapping out an objects class is not a
common thing to do in Smalltalk, it seems fair to say its less
legible.  That's not an objection, though.  :)