[squeak-dev] Re: raised & inset borders

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Nov 4 00:35:42 UTC 2016

> On 03-11-2016, at 5:06 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote:
>
> I don't see your changes in my fully updated Trunk image,

Hmm, did I remember to actually stick them in trunk…

> [snip]
>
> There's no reason not to initialize baseColor if it is intended to be Color transparent by default.

A good point, though I’m not sure initialising a colour to transparent for a supposedly contrasting inset border is the best idea. It makes it just that bit harder to see what is going on when you are exploring the code and trying to set a border on a morph to see what happens!

I don’t know in detail what the intent was for the border colours. It seems to me there are two different cases
a) the border is supposed to be that darker/lighter of the owning morph’s main colour
b) the border is explicitly set to some other colour which then doesn’t change is the owner colour does.

If we accept those two then there has to be  a simple way to signal to the code which is in use. nil is a fairly normal way to do that sort of thing but I don’t mind how it gets done.

tim
Earth is 98% full...please delete anyone you can.