[squeak-dev] MNU: Character>>greaseInteger when loading Seaside in Squeak Trunk

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Tue Nov 8 09:52:25 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 8:24 PM Bernhard Pieber <bernhard at pieber.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to load the latest stable Seaside into Squeak Trunk (latest
> update: #16830) using the installation instructions from
> https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside.
>
> Metacello installed fine. However, both script variants (SmalltalkHub and
> GitHub) result in a MNU: Character>>greaseInteger. [2]
>
> I am on macOS Sierra Version 10.12.1 and used the latest OpenSmalltalk
> 32bit Cog Spur VM. [1]
>
> Can someone confirm this? Should this even work, or is it recommended to
> stay on 5.1 when working with Seaside?

Yes, I am having the same problem. It looks like that at least the baseline
needs to be updated.
I have opened an issue on GitHub [1] to which you can subscribe for updates.

Apparently, Seaside supports Squeak-5.1 (see [2]), so I'd recommend to stay
on 5.1 for now.

Cheers,
Fabio

[1] https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/902