[squeak-dev] [Pharo-dev] Pragma keyword / selector / methodSelector

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 18:49:46 UTC 2016

Hi All,

     can I suggest that Pharo and Squeak coordinate on a change.  First, #selector is bad because it is ambiguous.  As already determined #keyword is awful because it's false (it is a message selector, not just a keyword).  So could we

- use #methodSelector and #pragmaSelector for the next few years, and deprecate #selector and #keyword?

- after a suitable time use #selector to mean #pragmaSelector because that's the most useful abbreviation (in my experience I most often access #pragmaSelector)?