[squeak-dev] Environment declarations vs bindings

Jakob Reschke jakob.reschke at student.hpi.de
Sun Oct 2 10:51:54 UTC 2016

> We need to RTFM.

Apparently, we first have to WTFM (or expand and refactor it at least).

What is already there are the class comment in Environment and these Wiki pages:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6218
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6219
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6220
...and some mailing list threads that contain previous discussions or
code snippets:
http://forum.world.st/Environments-td4636629.html
http://forum.world.st/The-Inbox-Monticello-fbs-581-mcz-td4731884.html
(...and probably others...)

But for various reasons already mentioned, that did not suffice for me
to get started using Environments, and it seems I am not the only one.
Besides, I do not consider the mailing list archives a good place for
documentation, especially if one does not know the right search
keywords.

Jakob