[squeak-dev] How to create a 'Hello world' example for environments

Jakob Reschke jakob.reschke at student.hpi.de
Mon Oct 3 15:48:52 UTC 2016

> Your change to Compiler>>evaluteCue:ifFail: looks great. I'm looking forward
> to trying that out.

Thank you, but I doubt that my change is really correct. You might
want to compile an expression in Environment A and evaluate it in
Environment B (like the Monticello loading methods: they are compiled
in the default Environment, but it would be nice if they installed the
methods from the loaded package into the current dynamic Environment).

Since #evalueCue:ifFail: is called not only by #evaluate:environment:,
that dynamic Environment binding should probably go "outside".

You could also place that [ ... ] on: CurrentEnvironment do: ...
around the `Compiler evaluate: 'WebServer exampleBrowse' environment:
env.` do-it to gain the same effect.

This is not required for the fileIn because it happens underway in
EnvironmentLoader>>evaluate:logged:.