[squeak-dev] re: Environment declarations vs bindings

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 22:03:32 UTC 2016

Hi Craig, you mentioned making each class responsible for its own name
literal, which is fine for when you have a reference to a class and
want to know its name.

How about the use-case when all you have is a name String, but want to
get the (correct) Class object?  Are your suggesting to
enumerate all classes (which wouldn't take long) and selecting
the ones with the referenced name, instead of always only doing a
Dictionary lookup (which assumes one name--> to one Class).  You
mentioned using other fields for disambiguation, so enumerate all
classes, selecting the ones whose names match the string, and if there
are any other disambiguating clues, use them to auto-select.  Is this
a correct jist of what you mean?

I'm looking forward to your release!