[squeak-dev] Re: The defaullt implementation of isEmpty might do too much work

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:50:51 UTC 2016

> | b |
> b := (1 to: 10000) asBag.
> [b isEmpty] bench
>
> before: :  '5,540 per second. 181 microseconds per run.'
> now:  '167,000 per second. 6 microseconds per run.'
>
> In my book that's a speedup worth having.

You're depending on the superclass implementation in Collection for
that speedup.  What did you say about that yesterday?

Honestly, Bert, it almost feels like you're being intellectually
dishonest.  You chose the only one that got sped up and ignored all
the ones that got slowed down.  AND, you also ignored all the other
points (again) which render the above point irrelevant.  Sad.

I give up.  You "win".