[squeak-dev] Re: EToys in the Trunk

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Sep 1 08:03:52 UTC 2016

Levente Uzonyi wrote
> Hi All,
>
> With the recent updates, we have the full EToys package in the Trunk,
> which has more than 78k LoC. That's almost 1.5x what Morphic has, and
> it's more than Kernel, System and Collections together.
>
> Do we want to keep it in the Trunk?
>
> Levente

Hi Levente,

the Etoys package has been in the Trunk for quite some time. We should keep
around until we factored out the last bit of Etoys code from the base system
into the Etoys package. Having it in the Trunk, simplifies this refactoring
process a lot.

In general, I am not a fan of "argument-by-LoC". :-) Those 78k LoC have
their own package, so that's fine.

Best,
Marcel