[squeak-dev] 20 Years of Squeak

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Sep 6 17:19:23 UTC 2016

So - what about a nice list of all the cool things that have come out of Squeak over the last 20 years?

I’ll start with the ones I can remember:

Scratch
eToys
Spoon
Cuis
Pharo
Croquet/OpenCobalt/3DICC-Terf/
Sophie
exobox
MediaView (remember Interval Research? Of course not, it was so secret nobody knew when it died!)
WeatherDimensions
MathMorphs
Kedama
Frank
Nile
Balloon3D

If we can come up with a moderate length list of the top ones I can design a Tshirt graphic to suit. The full list ought to be part of a swiki page, if indeed it isn’t already.

tim
Never write software that anthropomorphizes the machine. They hate that.