[squeak-dev] Re: The Inbox: Chronology-Core-cbc.8.mcz

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 00:31:50 UTC 2016

TimeZones at different points in time, have different offsets (e.g. January 1
and July 1 in L.A. -8 and -7 hours respectively).

And they also, at different points in time, have different offsets for the
same point in time (e.g.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana#2006).

And their offset change arbitrarily without much notice
(e.g.https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/06/egypt-cancelled-daylight-savings-time-three-days-before-it-was-due-to-start/)

Maybe a better approach for your use is to have a Time Zone cache so there
is only one canonical time zone for each time zone name/abbreviation combo
you're dealing with in your images.

cbc wrote