[squeak-dev] TimeStamp - can we remove references to this class?

Dat Nguyen thucdat at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 1 16:30:13 UTC 2017

Unsubscribe!

________________________________
From: Squeak-dev <squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org> on behalf of Chris Cunningham <cunningham.cb at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 1, 2017 8:24 AM
To: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
Subject: Re: [squeak-dev] TimeStamp - can we remove references to this class?

Hi Chris and Elliot,
Thanks for the support.

There are two requests here:
1. Remove TimeStamp from the image. After thinking more about this and especially looking on the web I noticed that timestamp iscrefetenced widely in several places in introductory texts and whatnot.  Maybe not the best idea to remove. But we could still have internal classes refer to DatAndTime instead.  I think that would be good.
2.  Removing Timestamp from ODBC. There are no tests for this. There is a version where it was already removed in Squeaksource but this isn't on SqueakMap. And using the standard timestamp (or DateAndTime) for ODBC in general has some significant issues. I'll write about those once I get back to a computer.

I think the next step is to have SqueakMap point to the package in Squeaksource, similar to what was done with FFI.

Thanks,
cbc