[squeak-dev] Arc morph?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Apr 4 01:28:31 UTC 2017

> On 03-04-2017, at 1:32 PM, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Etoys image has a SectorMorph
> Not sure if it is in trunk

It seems to be there and functioning in the latest Squeak6.0alpha-17086-32bit. It is not especially helpful when needing an arbitrary arc, though, since various methods seem to rely upon the first vertex in the list being the centre of the radius. And it draws a really ugly curved edge too.

There’s also the old Arc class that I hadn’t spotted (because I looked for “arcm” thinking to find ArcMorph) but that doesn’t help a great deal without translating to morphland. And anyway we really ought to be able to do good curves by now. Yes, we have the B2Dplugin and BalloonCanvas but it’s not   all that convincing; try `WatchMorph new openInWorld` and then use its red menu to turn on anti-aliasing. A bit naff.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Cave ne ante ullas catapultas ambules = If I were you, I wouldn't walk in front of any catapults.