[squeak-dev] Broken trunk update and workaround

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 16:59:27 UTC 2017

I started again with a pristine image again from
http://files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/Squeak6.0alpha-17086-32bit/

By reading
     Update stream
     http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3154

I was directed to class MCMcmUpdater

After having a look at the code of this class I did

     MCMcmUpdater default lastUpdateMap

and got

a Dictionary('http://source.squeak.org/trunk'->402 )

Which is more than the 399 you recommend and the 400 Eliot recommends
to start with. [1]

Do I need to start with an earlier version? If yes, which one?

--Hannes

[1] Instructions by Eliot M. to do the manual update
http://forum.world.st/Broken-trunk-update-and-workaround-td4940633.html
(= the start of this thread)

Open the trunk repository from your Monticello Browser.
Locate the update package (the penultimate entry in the list of packages).
Load (or merge) update-eem.400.mcm.
Load (or merge) update-eem.403.mcm.
Load (or merge) update-eem.406.mcm. Save your image.
Local the Kernel package.
Load Kernel-eem.1078. Save your image.
Update