[squeak-dev] Cannot start Squeak VM on Fedora 25 with SELinux enabled

Tim Cuthbertson ratcheer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 11:22:22 UTC 2017

I have searched the mail archive two years back and cannot find
anything on the subject.

If I set SELinux to permissive mode, Squeak starts successfully. So, I
am certain that this is the problem. However, there is nothing in the
SELinux audit logs indicating that a denial even occurred, so I do not
know what to allow to fix the problem.

The error message when I try to start Squeak is the same as when the
limits have not been increased, but I have fixed that in
/etc/security/limits.d, so the problem must be that SELinux is not
allowing the limits to be reset.

Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it, other than by just
turning off SELinux?