[squeak-dev] Cannot start Squeak VM on Fedora 25 with SELinux enabled

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Apr 9 13:39:49 UTC 2017

On Sun, Apr 09, 2017 at 03:09:13PM +0200, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> You should try the latest VM[1], which should start without the increased
> priority heartbeat. If that doesn't work, then it must be some other
> issue, like JIT vs SELinux.

I expect that SELinux will not permit pthread_setschedparam to be called,
as it is almost certainly too dangerous to permit on a secure system.
Setting SELinux to permissive mode would probably be the only option,
but of course that does not help if you actually do need to run a secure
system.

> Levente
>
> [1] https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/_latestVersion#files

I don't think that we have a link from squeak.org to find these latest
VM builds. Maybe we should add a link in the Advanced section of the
Downloads page so that people can more easily locate them.

Dave