[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Monticello-mva.667.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Apr 11 14:28:28 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 10:38 PM, Milan Vavra via Squeak-dev <
squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> wrote:

> An mcz snapshot must include the complete version information.
> An mcd is a different story.
>
> The mcd files being what they are store only the code that has been changed
> against its base version.

Awesome! I haven't tried it, but this sounds exactly how it should have
been from the beginning. Thank you!

I wonder what we should do about the MCDs auto-generated by the
source.squeak server. When we update the server code to produce these new
diffy versions, then an older image won't get the correct history.
Basically we would need to detect if the image requesting the MCD does have
the history restoration code or not. Maybe it should send a little argument
in the URL? E.g.
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Foo-abc.123(120).mcd?prunehistory but I'm
not sure if that would throw off an older source server ...

- Bert -