[squeak-dev] The Inbox: EToys-cbc.293.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Apr 20 16:32:25 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 5:54 PM, Chris Cunningham <cunningham.cb at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 8:34 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 4:57 AM, Chris Cunningham <
>> cunningham.cb at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, Elliot, did you want to keep it in the image?  I was removing
>>> it pursuant to Bert's suggestion.
>>>
>>> After removing it myself, and then doing a Smalltalk garbageCollect, it
>>> is no longer anywhere in the image (or Undeclared, either).  (Although
>>> BlockContext is, but that's another issue.)
>>>
>>> I have added a new package for it if you want to keep it around.  We
>>> went here because the ExternalForm was removed from FFI and put into EToys,
>>> and then Bert said it wasn't used in EToys (and it isn't).
>>>
>>> Now in package: http://source.squeak.org/inbox/GraphicsExternal-cbc
>>> .1.mcz
>>>

>> Nice. I think you missed some extension methods, e.g. #isExternalForm,
>>  #isFillAccelerated:for:, #isBltAccelerated:for:, #displayScreen in class
>> Form. If you move these into a *graphicsexternal category, they will become
>> part of that package.
>>
>> - Bert -
>>
> Ok.
>
> I can see that I probably should have noticed #isExternalForm, but I
> wouldn't have had a chance to find the other ones.

I just gave the code a cursory look ... these are implemented in
ExternalForm but there is a base implementation.

> Also, these weren't part of the Etoys nor FFI packages - they were in the
> base Graphics package.

Yeah, isn't it fun to untangle a monolithic system? ;)

> That said, I'll moved them over.
>
> Anything else lying around?

There is also the stuff with hasNonStandardPalette and convertARGB etc
which is only used if there are external forms, but that seems a bit harder
to remove because the hooks need to be there. I think it's fine to leave
that as it is, unless you notice something that's easily removable.

- Bert -