[squeak-dev] What to do if the update stream is broken? [was Multilingual changes...

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 21:34:12 UTC 2017

Hi Patrick,

    no need to apologize (at least to me).  We all make mistakes.  I think the information to share is what to do when one breaks the update stream.  My understandings my of what to do may be incorrect but is the following:

1. inform people on Squeak-dev asap (which may not be possible because others may have found out before you :-) )

2. if the version can be done without then take it off of source.squeak.org.  If you're not a maintainer, ask a maintainer to delete it, otherwise delete it yourself

3. Move your version to some save directory out of your package cache so it doesn't reappear

4. Roll back your image and try and produce a new version that does not crash update

5. Upload the new version

Marks are obtained for producing a version that doesn't include the British Ken version in its history.

What do more sage members of the community think the right approach is?