[squeak-dev] - unable to open 'objects' morph from world menu - vmParameterAt:put: failure

Bob Arning arning315 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 24 16:07:33 UTC 2017

once upon a time:

vmParameterAt: parameterIndex
     "parameterIndex is a positive integer corresponding to one of the
VM's internal
     parameter/metric registers.  Answer with the current value of that
register.
     Fail if parameterIndex has no corresponding register.
     VM parameters are numbered as follows:
         1    end of old-space (0-based, read-only)
         2    end of young-space (read-only)
         3    end of memory (read-only)
         4    allocationCount (read-only)
*5    allocations between GCs (read-write)*
         6    survivor count tenuring threshold (read-write)
         7    full GCs since startup (read-only)
         8    total milliseconds in full GCs since startup (read-only)
         9    incremental GCs since startup (read-only)
         10    total milliseconds in incremental GCs since startup
(read-only)
         11    tenures of surving objects since startup (read-only)
         12-20 specific to the translating VM
         21    root table size (read-only)
         22    root table overflows since startup (read-only)
         23    bytes of extra memory to reserve for VM buffers, plugins,
etc.

         24    memory headroom when growing object memory (rw)
         25    memory threshold above which shrinking object memory (rw)"