[squeak-dev] Preferences class >> #compileAccessorForPreference: modifies the System package

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Apr 26 12:31:38 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 6:49 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> as the subject says, creating a preference accessor will modify the
> package. It used to create those methods in the '*autogenerated - standard
> queries' category, but now it adds them to the 'standard queries' category.
> Why is that?
> Can we revert that change? If not, what can be done to keep the package
> intact?

Yes, I did like it better when they were in *autogen.

I'm not sure why Marcel did the change, but it may have to do with Tobias'
change to doesNotUnderstand: which now raises an error for unregistered
preferences. That means the system breaks if the accessors are not there,
so they must be packaged. I guess. Marcel? Tobi?

- Bert -