[squeak-dev] apical, cdecl, what's the difference?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Aug 5 02:44:01 UTC 2017

After some investigations I’ve been able to update the swiki entry (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2426) a bit and I think it makes more sense now. If I have correctly understood, the apicall keyword needs to be used when the called function is a Windows API but not when on Windows and calling a function from some other library. Brilliant work by Microsoft. On other platforms both cdecl and apicall actually do a cdecl when they get down to the actual call.

tim
That’s the second time I’ve seen a Word doc eat a man’s soul. Time for a bug report...