[squeak-dev] Unable to open pull request via GitHub for squeak.org website repository

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Aug 23 23:38:27 UTC 2017

> On 23-08-2017, at 11:16 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> At the risk of also sounding a bit like Obvious Man, you're doing something like "git push origin mybranch" in your shell while in your browser you're logged in? Are you using HTTPS auth or SSH auth for your push? (You can tell by looking at the URI printed out by "git remote -v".) 'Cos it sounds a whole lot like git running in the shell doesn't know your auth details.

I’m currently using GitHubDesktop on my iMac, because that’s what opened up when I cloned the squeak.org repository. Your question reads to my untutored eyes a bit like religious tracts - a sliding window across three syllables seems to make sense but when you try to put it all together... not so much.

I appear to be logged in when looking at github in Safari, and GitHubDesktop preferences tells me likewise.

Version control systems; I think someone forgot the initial ‘a’ in that spelling.

tim
"Today's subliminal thought is:"