[squeak-dev] what's the best Mac VM?

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Tue Aug 29 18:30:19 UTC 2017

> On 29.08.2017, at 20:19, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Some more exploring
>
> - downloaded cog_macos32x86_squeak.cog.v3_201608171728.tar.gz, started it and pointed it to a 4.2 image. Squeak stayed up, but the desktop never appeared.
>
> - downloaded Squeak-4.6-All-in-One.zip and it runs, but warns it can't write the changes file (see attachment). Not sure how to deal with this or how to make this into a VM I can use for other images.

When you download and unpack an all-in-one or a VM and want to run it
 _first, before you run it_ move the .app somewhere else (Desktop, /Applications), does not matter.
But move it.

Moving _after_ opening does not help, move it first.

Apple in 10.12 tried to make some things more secure, and that is why you see the problems with not being able to write to the changes file.

Best regards
	-Tobias