[squeak-dev] Squeak trunk updates fail

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Dec 1 13:22:12 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>
wrote:

> Hi, there.
>
> Works for me when updating from 17535 to 17560.
>
> Fabio's stack looks like if Object >> #currentHand gets lost at some point
> during the update. :-/

​It was moved from Kernel to Morphic in Kernel-dtl.1123 and
Morphic-dtl.1362.

Kernel comes before Morphic in our update map, which would indeed lead to
the temporal removal of the method.

However, MCReorganizationPreloader took care of it in my image.
Object>>currentHand is in changeset mcPreload10, along with currentEvent
and currentWorld.

I don't know why MCReorganizationPreloader would not have caught this in
another image?

- Bert -​