[squeak-dev] Fwd: [Pharo-users] REST client hints

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Tue Dec 12 10:01:57 UTC 2017

On 12 December 2017 at 15:41, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> FYI, Paul has made a cross-platform wrapper for web api clients
>  :)

Thanks for the tip. I only skimmed it before since it didn't have much in
depth about JSON parsing.
Now I've got that sorted I'll go back and have another look.

> > Begin forwarded message:
> >
> > From: Paul DeBruicker <pdebruic at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Pharo-users] REST client hints
> > Date: 5. Dezember 2017 um 19:46:48 MEZ
> > To: pharo-users at lists.pharo.org
> pharo-users at lists.pharo.org>
> >

> vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
>
> > I also started/made a cross platform web client wrapper (just wraps
> calls to
> > ZnClient or WebClient on Squeak)
> > http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~pdebruic/HTTPAPIClient

I noticed some minor anomalies:
* HTTPAPIClient >> get:data:
  calls   #get:contents:   which seems to not exist

* HTTPAPIClient >> responseStatusFor:
  calls   #headResponseStatusFor:   which seems to not exist

That is with "ConfigurationOfHTTPAPIClient load"
from ConfigurationOfHTTPAPIClient-PaulDeBruicker.10
on Pharo 6.1.

cheers -ben