[squeak-dev] Emergency Projects (was: The Inbox: Morphic-dtl.1376.mcz)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Dec 15 03:00:42 UTC 2017

Marcel,

Much better, thanks :-)

After moving the EmergencyRecoveryRequested recursion guard reset from
#finalExitActions: to #enter:revert:saveForRevert: the Morphic and ST80
dependencies are gone. The end result is a total of three changed methods
in Project, plus the new EmergencyRecoveryRequested class variable.

Since they are no longer needed, I moved the Morphic and ST80 parts from
inbox to treated inbox. All of the remaining changes are in the inbox
as System-dtl.985.

To summarize the changes: The original behavior of seaching for a parent
MVCProject or MorphicProject to host the emergency evaluator works as
originally designed. If no project is found, then search for any suitable
project elsewhere in the project hierarchy. If that is not found then
fall back on the traditional emergency evaluator. If error handling fails
in the project for emergency evaluation, the also fall back on the
traditional emergency evaluator.

I expect this to work with other kinds of Project such as SqueakShellProject
or EtoysProject, although I have not tested these so well.

Dave