[squeak-dev] An Alan Kay talk archive site

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Sat Dec 16 21:59:11 UTC 2017

Yoshiki,

> I've been making a simple web site of collection of Alan Kay talks
> (and other materials in the future).
>
> http://tinlizzie.org/IA/index.php/Talks_by_Alan_Kay

This is an extremely valuable contribution - thanks for doing that and
for posting so much material to YouTube! I haven't updated my own list
of talks since 2013:

http://www.smalltalk.org.br/movies/

Would it be ok if I add a link to your page at the top of mine?

Some people who I would like to point out these talks to don't have
enough fluency in English to enjoy them. Subtitles in their language
would be an interesting option. We did that for the "Squeakers" DVD
where having the English transcript made it relatively easy for me to
translate it into Portuguese, for example. Creating the transcript in
the first place and setting the timing information is what takes up the
most effort.

-- Jecel