[squeak-dev] Who recently changed MC tools stuff? Keep getting 'modal dialog blah' error in #answer:

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Dec 21 20:58:34 UTC 2017

> On 21-12-2017, at 12:51 PM, Taeumel, Marcel <Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>
> Hmmm... did you open an MC tool and then switched projects? Do not do that. It will change processes. :)

Nope; as I mentioned in the Projects discussion - to the horror of many, it seems - I just don’t use projects.

Just the usual select a package/repository, ‘save’, edit the description, pick a couple of items to ignore ( because they need to not be released just yet) and ‘save’. After a little progress indication, boom 'This modal dialog was interrupted, please close it’ in MCTool>>answer:.

I *think* closing the MC browser does something helpful, though I’ve banged on enough windows and dialogs whilst trying to get through this  that I can’t really be sure. One question worth  considering is whether the MCTools way of trying to be modal is the proper way to do it.

tim
Useful random insult:- "Body by Fisher -- brains by Mattel."