[squeak-dev] filename extensions for Form reading

Bob Arning arning315 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 23 03:25:00 UTC 2017

Originally this provided filtering for the novice user to open
particular kinds of files. In 2003 it was updated to use the services
registry rather than the hard-coded descriptions and methods. At that
time it was also modified to use the the suffixes for graphics files
generated by ImageReadWriter subclasses rather than the static list in
the method. Which basically changed this

'bmp' 'form' 'gif' 'jpeg' 'jpg' 'pbm' 'pcx' 'png' 'ppm' 'xbm' 'xpm'

into this

'bmp' 'gif' 'jpeg' 'jpg' 'pam' 'pbm' 'pcx' 'png' 'pnm' 'ppm' 'xbm'