[squeak-dev] ServerDirectory example login is dead

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Wed Dec 27 11:36:13 UTC 2017

I have not thoroughly investigated this, but this could be a case for the
FileSystem API that Pharo has adopted as the default file accessing API.
You do not pass file names around there, but references that are (path +
the FileSystem in which they resolve). That way, the information that the
gif lives remotely is not lost. Each FileSystem is then responsible for
file name conversion and encoding if required.