[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Collections-eem.732.mcz -- HtmlReadWriter

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Feb 9 19:44:32 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Tobias,
>
>   ignore my email.  I'm reviewing your code.  But I will say that adding
> inst vars is making things more complicated too.  I added three methods to
> achieve what I wanted and you've added 8 and an inst var ;-)

The problem with your indentation-based approach was that when just copying
a whole method as HTML, it would insert a <pre> tag *after* the method
pattern (because that was the first indented line). That's why Tobi added
the TextDoit stuff, to specifically mark code ... It's still not ideal but
we couldn't come up with a better way for unifying your
blog-post-in-a-workspace with the regular just-copy-some-code. Ideas
welcome :)

- Bert -