[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-tfel.1317.mcz

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 22:47:11 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 12:46 PM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 10.02.2017, at 19:19, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1.  I actually use strikeout in my workspace notes, I do not want to
>> do without it.
>>
>> I think we should move these keys to the Font dialog, and make the
>> font dialog accessible from the DockingBar menu.  The need to change
>> font sizes in a Squeak image is a lot less frequent than in, say, a
>> web browser, because navigating in a web browser takes one to
>> different authored pages that need to be resized all the time, which
>> isn't the case with Squeak..
>
> Hmm, or find something more sensible for _font_ changes than 01234567890-=

(Actually, those assignments make a lot of sense).

My point is that global hot keys are not only scarce, every new one we
introduce becomes a possible overload with applications that may wish
to use those keys for something else.  We should add new global hot
keys only sparingly, for things that are accessed at least 10 times
per day.