[squeak-dev] RaspberryPi GPIO support package on SqueakMap

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Feb 14 02:02:40 UTC 2017

> On 13-02-2017, at 5:51 PM, Greg Lewin <greg.lewin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd love to try this but I do not see 'RaspberryPi gpio support', only 'NuScratchGPIO' - is this what you mean ?

No; that is the Scratch support for the GPIO, which would try to include the package you want BUT also the whole Scratch thing too. And probably not get it right completely either, since if you’re running a 5.0 image it would be seeing an older collection of code.

> I am in Squeak 5.0 on a pi 2, standard raspbian

Much better to move to a 5.1 image if possible. If not, remember that SqueakMap normally only shows you packages certified for the release you’re running. So you can try this out by using the menu in the package-list view, choosing ‘clear all filters’ and then typing ‘rasp’<CR> in the search view. That way you’ll see all packages and not just 5.0 ones.

Will it load ok? Dunno. Probably; haven’t tried.

tim
The halfway point between right and wrong is still damn wrong. Compromise isn't always a solution