[squeak-dev] Packaging

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Feb 27 20:12:14 UTC 2017

On 27.02.2017, at 21:01, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> -1 to ditching the All-In-One.  Freedom is being able to simply run a
> binary out of a folder.

Yes, then just download the one for your platform.

>  If one platform requires a special bundle,
> then it'll require it in any case, but we should still also keep
> generating the All-In-One for everybody else.

The AIO is getting cumbersome to build, codesign, and correctly use for
different platforms.
It is ludicrous that we point people to a .bat file on Windows, just because
macOS demands its top folder to be clean.
And the .app bundle is confusing on all but macOS.
And how do we introduce snaps[1] in the AIO.

Currently, we have this: