[squeak-dev] Packaging

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Feb 27 21:39:07 UTC 2017

Ah I forgot:

On 27.02.2017, at 13:00, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,

Motivation:
 - This thread: http://forum.world.st/Attempting-to-run-Squeak-all-in-one-download-on-ubuntu-linux-tt4936001.html
 - This issue: https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/issues/427#issuecomment-281919088
 - This thread: http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-Squeak5-1-16549-32bit-All-in-One-tp4935860.html
 - This thread: http://forum.world.st/Squeak5-1rc2-16535-32bit-fail-to-open-in-macOS-Sierra-tp4934524.html
All these are at lease partially because of the way AIOs work and how we deliver them

Moreover:
 - This old post: http://forum.world.st/All-in-ones-tp4662358p4662665.html
 - My experience from building All-in-ones for Seaside and for bi-annual courses at HPI that use Squeak.

Also:
 - It does not work on ARM/RaspberryPi
 - It does not work on BSDen (yes, I know it's rare)
 - It does not work on RISC OS (Sorry, tim)
 * Points above are no problem _individually_ (again, sorry, tim), but in their combination.