[squeak-dev] Squeak 5.x on freebsd

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Wed Jan 11 11:58:41 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 6:27 PM Edwin Ancaer <eancaer at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello,
>
> is there somewhere a recent VM, Image and Changes file that I can download
> for use on FreeBSD?

Unfortunately, our CI infrastructure doesn't support FreeBSD and I haven't
manually compiled OpenSmalltalkVM on FreeBSD. However, you can see how a CI
container is set up in [1]. The file also contains a list of all
dependencies.

[1]
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/.travis_install.sh

> Of course I could try and build it myself, and I admit it could be a good
> exercise, but I would like to start using Squeak this year, so I hoped
> someone more knowledgeable had already done the job....

Maybe you could be the one contributing a "how to build on FreeBSD". ;)

Best,
Fabio