[squeak-dev] Swiss speed page is a bit out of date...

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jan 19 17:48:53 UTC 2017

> On 19-01-2017, at 1:42 AM, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I however do not see which benchmark was run. Would be interesting to
> have some current results for comparison, e.g. RPi….

For this page it was always what is now included as #tinyBenchmarks - runnable from the 'About Squeak’ window. It’s not a very meaningful benchmark to be honest, but then very few are.

On the Pi3 with a CogSpur VM we get 280M bc/sec and 16M sends/sec. It’s quite sobering to look back at the ~10 year old results for then-new expensive machine and see them well beaten by a $35 ‘toy’.

tim
An algorithm must be seen to be believed.